Paragon's use of Frost 2 Handed Death Knights.

Paragon's use of Frost 2 Handed Death Knights.

Post 06 Mar 2011 20:54

User avatarSaltie

Hey, I have a quick question for you at Paragon. I am trying to figure out why you (particularly Mancheese) are using a Frost 2 Handed Spec for raiding. I have been wracking my brain all day for a logical answer by sadly am unable to find one. So i've turned here to hopefully get a definate answer. I have people shouting that Unholy 2 Handed is the best due to it's single target damage and its equally good AoE potential, where-as Frost seems to be dropping low of the Dmg marker acording to so many tesemonials. I have ofcourse air'd on the side of caution and been playing Unholy 2 Handed since Cataclysm's launch but miss Frost, was my personal favourite during late Wrath. I am not one for simulations as they assume a Patchwerk fight, which is clearly not what happens 99% of the time, so I havn't bothered to check anything or anyone that recommends a simulation.
Thanks in advance
Saltie <Serendipity>
Mazrigos - Eu

Re: Paragon's use of Frost 2 Handed Death Knights.

Post 07 Mar 2011 09:10

User avatarNize

The spec I currently have at the armory is used just for slowing adds during magmaw and chogal. Going back 2h UH next raid-id.

Post 07 Mar 2011 12:30

User avatarSaltie

Ah righto thanks for the information, been very helpful. Glad im not a kitter, that job was kindly given to the hunters, they wanna be the best they can proove it first haha.

Post 08 May 2011 09:10

delete

Post 08 May 2011 10:14

hehe i needed to reply on this post coz its funny that ppl dont wanna use 2H frost b'coz of lack dps and that is not true,i was on DW but i had both frost specs one for DW and one for 2H ,and i must say i did have less dps on mobs on 2H then on DW but my boss fights improved much more

Post 10 May 2011 17:38

User avatarzYN

I haven't been that active on the forums lately. That's mostly because the #&#&ing piece of shit keeps logging me out non-stop. Makes it extremely annoying to do anything.

However, from everything that I've tested, 2H Frost seems to be _the_ spec right now. It seems to hold the highest AoE damage potential and also does a crap ton of single target damage too.

I've had my UI broken for a while and haven't exactly played at the optimal level. There's some bosses where I know I've played perfect but it still isn't pulling off numbers that would be impressive in any way.

Gonna be doing 2H frost on the upcoming reset. I'll let you know how it goes.