DW frost DK Dps

DW frost DK Dps

Post 13 Sep 2010 13:14

User avatartonza222

I heard that Armor penetration gems are better than Strength gems for Dual-wield Frost DK. Is that true?

Re: DW frost DK Dps

Post 13 Sep 2010 14:29

User avatarmeth

Quote from Synti:

Go whichever way you prefer. I'm probably going to just stick with my ArP gemming for now.

Strengths of +str gemming:
-Significantly superior in AoE situations or fights
-Frost Strike gains nothing from ArP. So situations with abnormally high RP generation is skewed towards +str build (also might want to get rid of CotG then)
-Unholy off-spec doesn't get screwed

Strengths of +ArP gemming:
-Slightly higher single-target DPS
-ERW at <35% gains even more bang, up to a point where you're tempted to wipe the raid on trashpacks or pull some extra so that it's up in time for the next boss too

<ringuh> i try to avoid being sober when doing any kinda pugs

Re: DW frost DK Dps

Post 17 Sep 2010 16:21

User avatarzYN

I like what the smart chap in the quote said. Props to him.

Just as clarification: the "0 points in CotG" refers to a situation where you're able to bribe a resto druid to spam you with Wild Growth and Rejuvenation for the whole fight and where you can soak a ton of crap with AMS. If you get empty globals, it was a bad choice.

Mainly the 0/2 CotG is just for a couple of fights where it's possible to spam FS 24/7 along with the usual rune-using abilities if you have a druid buddy. Off-spec stuff at best and mostly just for DPS meter bragging. I'd do it just for the kicks, but our resto druids almost never raid. 8[