FPS Improve.

Re: FPS Improve.

Post 23 Aug 2010 08:27

Yesterday I had to reinstall Windows as my previous got broken, so I don't have really much useless services working now. I'll try to test my FPS today, but anyway I can see improvement, as today I had about 15-20 FPS in Dalaran.

I have disabled and removed almost all previous addons and installed a modification of TukUI, so now I have only about 3 mb. memory consumption instead of previous 20.

Thanks for the informative reply, I'll try those macros and post the result.

Do anyone have KX drivers installed? I have problem with my microphone, as it is not working.

Post 23 Aug 2010 08:48

Garryd wrote:I have disabled and removed almost all previous addons and installed a modification of TukUI, so now I have only about 3 mb. memory consumption instead of previous 20.

Note that the addon memory usage gives no indication about how much CPU they use - there are some addons that use very little memory and a lot of CPU power. So generally on a low end computer, stay away from addons, don't use some premade UI with lots of fancy stuff - only use the addons you absolutely must have to be able to do your job well.

Post 23 Aug 2010 09:42

Is there any way to track CPU usage of addons? I don't want to leave myself without at least Quartz or Unit Frames.

Problems with KX drivers is solved.
Last edited by Garryd on 23 Aug 2010 09:50, edited 1 time in total.

Post 23 Aug 2010 09:50

Garryd wrote:Is there any way to detect CPU usage of addons? I don't want to leave myself without at least Quartz or Unit Frames.

"Kind of."

There's profiling support, but it doesn't really work properly with addons that have embedded libraries (as in, any addons these days really). You need to really know what you're doing to use it.

Quartz isn't exactly known for low CPU usage, sadly enough. Haven't found a good alternative so far either.

Among unitframe addons there are huge differences in CPU usage. I use Shadowed Unit Frames which are reasonably lightweight, and I believe there are some others that are also good.

Post 22 Sep 2010 19:11

Here goes my old pc stats:

Processor 478 2.80 GHz 1MB caché L2 Hyper Threading
1GB RAM (4x256) Dual Channel
160GB HDD SATA
nVidia GeForce 6200 256MB Pixel Shader 3

On that piece of junk i was able to run WOTLK at 1280x960 (Wide) with all graphic effects off excep "View Distance". Also i had tons of addons and never had critical FPS problems.

Regards.

Post 23 Sep 2010 16:03

Chris wrote:Here goes my old pc stats:

Processor 478 2.80 GHz 1MB caché L2 Hyper Threading
1GB RAM (4x256) Dual Channel
160GB HDD SATA
nVidia GeForce 6200 256MB Pixel Shader 3

On that piece of junk i was able to run WOTLK at 1280x960 (Wide) with all graphic effects off excep "View Distance". Also i had tons of addons and never had critical FPS problems.

That's somewhat surprising, if you do 25man raids. Depending on what you call "critical", of course.

Post 27 Sep 2010 19:00

"...The more hardware you give the wow client, the more hardware it claims..."
Illidan Stormrage

Now seriously, even if you do 25man raids your FPS shouldn't go below 10 if you got every video effect off + make a moderate use of addons. Please, don't use xperl (or go to Dalaran :P) unless you have a good pc, each problem i had with FPS in the past was cause of this addon, it's very nice but also very heavy.

Back in my old school, since we lacked internet connection, we setup a private server in a LAN with more than 200 computers. The PC had 2.5GHz Celeron Processors, 512MB RAM and 64 miserables MB of OnBoard Video. Let me say the game behave in a "not very good" way, but in this server i used to play for about a year, even today with me gone people continue to quest there.

So, hey consider yourself lucky!

Post 11 Oct 2010 09:51

Good day for a long time I solve a problem with FPS in the PC.
components are listed here:
AMD Phenom 8450 Triple Core processor2.31Ghz
4GB RAM 800Mhz Kingston
ASUS M3A78-EH ZD
Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 460 (GV-N460OC-1GI)
SEAGEATE Barracuda 500 gigabytes 2x + WD EXT 1TB
POWER 500W Fortron

and the lowest detail without the addon I have the 25 on the raid boss around 7 - 9fps

64bit OS has Win7
Drivers have to manually download the latest version, defragmentation of the discs clean.
I note that once all other games without problems, I just play WoW is such a problem.
Thank you for your reply and advice.

Post 11 Oct 2010 11:40

bergeros wrote:Good day for a long time I solve a problem with FPS in the PC.
components are listed here:
AMD Phenom 8450 Triple Core processor2.31Ghz
4GB RAM 800Mhz Kingston
ASUS M3A78-EH ZD
Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 460 (GV-N460OC-1GI)
SEAGEATE Barracuda 500 gigabytes 2x + WD EXT 1TB
POWER 500W Fortron

and the lowest detail without the addon I have the 25 on the raid boss around 7 - 9fps

64bit OS has Win7
Drivers have to manually download the latest version, defragmentation of the discs clean.
I note that once all other games without problems, I just play WoW is such a problem.
Thank you for your reply and advice.

That's a decently fast setup. I'd suspect some kind of driver issue - did you install the drivers for the motherboard/chipset and reboot before installing drivers for the graphics card?

Also if it's a problem only with WoW, does it also happen if you disable all addons?

Post 11 Oct 2010 11:44

as I said all I have the latest drivers and installed correctly.

yes i have the same problem when I turned off the addons and play low. like when I turned on the addons and I play on high.